Lash extension care
NO Wetting your lashes for 48hrs after application (No crying)
- Consequences if not followed
- The lashes may not last and could shed prematurely since it takes a full 48 hours for the adhesive to fully cure (dry).
- This includes working out (sweat and tears have the most amount of natural oils in them. Oils breakdown the adhesive over time and the extensions can get loose and detach causing premature shedding)
NO Oil based products on your Eyelashes
- This means you will need to invest in an Oil Free makeup remover. Avoid using eye creams that go on the upper eyelid and use moisturizer only on face and around the eyes
Brush your lashes
- You should only have to brush your eyelashes about one time a day typically in the morning after you shower once they have already dried. (NEVER Brush them while they are wet)
- Example (after you shower you brush your hair to avoid your hair getting tangled same goes for your eyelashes)
- You Should NEVER curl your extensions once they are applied. Your extensions are already pre-curled and doing so can cause your natural lashes to be broken or damaged.
- Mascara is Oil based, and as mentioned above oil breaks down the adhesive over time and will cause premature shedding.
NO sleeping on your lashes
- The recommendation for a side sleeper is to tuck your pillow behind your ear to avoid pillow touching your lashes.
- Although it’s always best to sleep on your back
- Highly recommended product is a sleep mask called 40blinks. It’s a sleep mask with a concave structure around your eyes. You can find these online or at any Bed Bath and Beyond.
Russian Volume lashes are the best option when it comes to getting eyelash extensions. They last anywhere between 4-6 weeks a full set and a fill. They give you the appearance of having more volume than what your natural lashes actually have and are softer and can be applied to look natural or very dramatic.
The application process is very relaxing, just like receiving a spa service. You will lie back on a plush table and have your eyes closed the entire time. The application is very gentle and can be best described as though someone is gently brushing through your lashes. The service generally takes between 60 to 120 minutes to apply a full set and refills can be done in as little as 30 to 60 minutes. The procedure is so relaxing and comfortable that many clients fall asleep.
It can take up to 48 hours to cure so it’s crucial for all clients to avoid swimming, spas, saunas and tanning on the day of your lash appointment. After the 48 hours, they are able to get wet. While sleeping, lashes can tangle or flip to the side. Brush through your lashes each morning with a clean mascara want to reshape the extension and keep them fluffed into place. The overall upkeep is very minimal and very easy to manage.